Why CEC Castle Rock?
CECCR takes students where they are academically; gets them college-ready as quickly as possible; then provides college courses on the CECCR campus as part of students’ normal school day and all at no cost to parents.
The Early College model high school program provides students the opportunity to start working on college-level courses as soon as they are ready, earning a combination of high school and college credits as they pursue both a high school diploma and an Associate’s Degree or higher for FREE.
CECCR has adopted a Postsecondary and Workforce Readiness Guarantee in English, reading, and math for every student. Upon graduation, CECCR students will be ready to pursue their post-secondary goals without remediation.
CECCR strives for each student to experience the following:
- Mastery of reading, writing and math skills with the goal of being ready to pursue college courses without remediation.
- Access to college courses as a high school student with the opportunity to earn college credits and an Associate Degree or higher in addition to a high school diploma.
- Academic advising services that include a Student Success Plan and both high school and post-secondary counseling.
- Success regardless of background, experience, gender or ethnicity.
- Appropriate assessments ensuring accurate placement, regardless of grade level, to promote academic progress.
- Quality classroom instruction by engaged, committed faculty.